Thursday, October 23, 2008

Transformers B-Day party ideas

I'll get some pictures on here later, but I thought I'd give a quick outline of games we played at my son's birthday party this week. I "borrowed" nearly every idea from other places online, so I can't get credit for the ideas. It was a simple, fun party and the time flew by!

Transformers Games:

1) Starscream Splat--the boys tossed water balloons at a picture of Starscream (bad Transformer, for those who don't know. :))
2) Autobots, Roll out!--plain old Red Light, Green Light, but instead of saying those words, the kids said Roll out! or Halt!
3) Search and Rescue--Hide and Seek inside the house (we could have played this FOREVER)
4) Find the Allspark--treasure hunt outdoors using clues that "Autobots left behind for them." The Allspark was a gray cube I made out of cardstock; I included Optimus Prime masks for the boys and they loved that.

If I could have done it all again, I probably would have had more water balloons ready (that went quickly), and we could have played the Autobots Roll out game longer, too. After cake and presents, I just let the boys play on their own for a while. Wade was good about sharing his toys with his buddies. (It was a small crowd, too, or I would have kept them playing outdoors.)

2 comments:

Verity said...

I'm not sure how to do "labels." I guess it could fit under "games" or "birthday parties" or "Transformers!" :)

Ratliffs said...

Don't worry, I took care of it! :D Just so you know, the label box is down at the right hand corner of the 'box' where you create your posts. (If that helps any! :D)